Smoking on Campus
Policy Number: OCP 200-07
This policy and its implementation procedures intend to promote a safe, healthy, and productive environment for the Olympic College Community and campus visitors. Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings and state vehicles. In addition, effective Summer 2005, Olympic College campuses will prohibit smoking in all areas except those assigned as designated smoking areas. There will be clearly posted signage to indicate smoking policy and designated smoking areas.
All smoking materials are to be lit, smoked and extinguished in designated areas ONLY. Tables and/or seating will be provided within the covered areas. Smoking cessation pamphlets and information will be available at each campus. This policy is effective with the beginning of Fall Quarter 2005.
- Recommended October 1988
- Submitted to President’s Cabinet for Review October 1988
- Revision Submitted to President’s Cabinet for Review by David Mitchell, Ph.D. 11/10/2004 and 5/25/2004
- Reviewed by College Council 6/1/2004
- Approved by President October 1988, amendment-November 10, 2004
- Submitted to Board of Trustees November, 1988, amendment-November 23, 2004
- Approved by Board of Trustees January 25, 1989
- Revision Adopted by Board of Trustees November 23, 2004
- Reaffirmed by Board of Trustees October 25, 2005
- Published in Washington Administrative Code n/a
Procedure Number: OCPR 200-07-01
- Violators will be asked to extinguish smoking material and move to designated smoking areas.
- Administrative Services will manage the location identification and creation of designated smoking areas, maintain them, and ensure adequate signage is posted. The Olympic College Washington Public Employees Association and Olympic College Association of Higher Education will have representation in the location designation process for smoking areas.