Olympic College recently embarked on a Strategic Planning Process. This process is designed to be inclusive and comprehensive inviting students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community partners to contribute thoughts and ideas. The resulting strategic plan will outline the goals and objectives that will guide the College in upcoming years.
Strategic Plan Open House - Feb. 28
Help shape the future of Olympic College at the Strategic Plan Open House. Students, OC employees and members of the community are invited to attend 10am - 2pm, Feb. 28 in Bldg. 10 (Bremer Student Center).
- Aug 2023, Initiation and Kick-Off: During this phase, the College administration begin the planning process and agreed on a timeline for the process.
- Aug – Nov 2023, Outreach and Engagement: At the heart of every Strategic Plan are the thoughts, experiences, and ideas of the people who contribute to it. For this reason, there will be a number of opportunities to contribute, including surveys, focus groups, and facilitated workshops.
- Dec – Feb 2024, Synthesize: After hearing from members of the campus community, we will synthesize all the information gathered. Goals and Objectives will be developed based on emerging themes and priorities.
- Dec – Feb 2024, Draft and Review: A draft plan will be produced and reviewed.
- Jan – Mar 2024, Validate: Once goals and objectives are developed, additional outreach will be conducted to make sure that what is produced reflects the campus. This validation phase will also be informed by current trends in higher education.
- May - June 2024, Finalize: Once the plan has been reviewed, any changes will be incorporated, and the plan will be finalized. The resulting plan will include an aspirational vision for Olympic College, the mission statement, a unifying values statement, attainable goals, and tangible objectives.
- June 2024, Approve: The final plan will be presented to the Board of Trustees and approved by June of 2024.
Opportunities to Contribute
Bldg. 10, Bremer Student Center
Feb. 28, 10am - 2pm
Students, OC employees and members of the community are invited to the Strategic Plan Open House.
For the last several months, Olympic College has been engaged in a strategic planning process to help guide the upcoming years. We are currently working towards identifying specific goals and objectives, and we would like your thoughts on which priorities should rise to the top. On Feb. 28, there will be an Open House at the Bremer Student Center from 10am to 2pm. The draft goals and objectives will be available for review and comment. This event is open to students, employees, community members, and partner organizations. We would love to see you there. Please save the date!