What is BFET?
What is BFET?
The Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET) program provides grant aid to Olympic College students receiving federal Basic Food Assistance (food stamps) from the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
BFET Grant Application Dates - Winter 2024
Pre-term application approvals begin:
- Nov. 13, 2023 – Dec. 22, 2023.
Term application approvals begin:
- Jan. 3, 2024 – Feb. 3, 2024
Appointments for Winter term will begin on Nov. 13, 2023. Click the BFET Application button to apply.
How to get Started
The primary function of the BFET program at Olympic College is to ensure eligible students continue receiving vital services such as Basic Food Assistance and/or Childcare Subsidy while completing a program of study with the goal of future employment.
You may be eligible to participate in the OC BFET program if you:
- Are receiving or are eligible to receive Basic Food Assistance (SNAP/EBT card/Food benefits) from DSHS
- Are not receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) from DSHS
- Enrollment in courses with the intent to begin employment upon completion.
- Transitional Studies, including ESL, HS21+, and GED
- Professional/Technical programs including AAT, AAS, CP, CC, CA
- Enrolled in Olympic College in required classes toward the declared major.
- Have applied for the FAFSA/WASFA and you have turned in any additional documents required by the Financial Aid office (basic skills students do not need to complete the FAFSA/WASFA to be considered for BFET)