Current Government-Issued Photo Identification is required for ALL testing services and is also required to pick up any testing score reports or official documents.
See Quick Links to the Left to go to specific Testing Service pages for more information.
TESTING SCHEDULE INFORMATION:
The Bremerton Assessment & Testing Center runs three schedules throughout the year:
1. Start of the Quarter (during the first two weeks of the Fall, Winter & Spring Academic Quarters and for the full Summer Quarter)
2. Instructional (starts the 3rd week of the Fall, Winter & Spring Academic Quarters)
3. Non-Instructional (during the Breaks between quarters).
Please refer to the individual testing pages for specific date ranges and hours for each type of test (see links above).
We will begin the Summer Quarter Schedule on Tuesday 07/01/14. This schedule will be in effect until the end of the Summer Quarter, on 08/21/14. The Lobby will be open 9:00a-4:00p Monday-Thursday and 9:00a-12:00p on Fridays. Closed for OC Holidays.
We will begin the Non-Instructional Schedule for the second Summer Break beginning on Friday 08/22/14. This schedule will be in effect until the start of the Fall Quarter on 09/22/14. The Lobby will be open 9a-4p Monday-Thursday and Closed Fridays.
Exceptions to the above hours:
Lobby CLOSED from 12-12:30p on Wed. 08/27/14.
Closing Early at 2:00p on Thursday 09/11/14.
No others at this time.
We will begin the Fall Quarter "First 2 Weeks" Instructional Schedule beginning on Sept. 22, 2014. The Lobby will be open from 9:00AM to 4:00PM Monday-Thursday and 9:00am to Noon on Fridays. This schedule will be in effect until the third week of the Fall Quarter on 10/06/14.
Take note that our posted Lobby hours are not always the same as the individual testing service schedules.
OC NOTICES for ALL Testing Candidates:
- Current Photo Identification is REQUIRED to check in for all types of testing and for score inquiries; No Exceptions. Type of ID(s) required will vary by testing service. Please have appropriate Photo ID ready when entering.
- Only approved testing aides as indicated on the Testing Support form by faculty will be allowed into the Testing Rooms.
- Personal Items are not allowed into the Testing Rooms. Personal items can be stored in available lockers in Testing Lobby.
- All Electronic Devices, including Cell Phones and Watches, are prohibited from entering the Testing Rooms. These items must be stored.
- Olympic College and Assessment & Testing Center are not responsible for items placed into storage.
- Break Policies are set by the exam sponsor. Access to items in storage while on break also determined by the exam sponsor. OC Default Policies for breaks: no access to items in locked storage unless it is an emergency/health need (ex: for medication or food) and leaving the building is not permitted.
- Eating, Drinking & Smoking are not allowed in Testing Rooms.
- Students are responsible for adhering to posted Testing Schedules; to arrive in time to complete testing and check out before the posted closing time or instructor-enforced testing deadlines. Students will not be allowed to remain in the testing room to complete a test after the posted closing time.
- Visitors, Guests and Children are not allowed into Testing Rooms. See Children on Campus Policy online under OC Policy & Procedures
- All OC students will sign that they understand these policies before testing for OC instructors. Other Testing Services will require candidate signatures on exam rules agreement forms.
- If driving a vehicle to the campus, please note that a Parking Pass is required for the entire time that your vehicle is parked on campus. Parking Passes are available at the Welcome Kiosk at the entrance to the HSS building or from the Admissions Office. Take this pass back to the vehicle's dashboard before checking in for any testing.
OC Testing NOTICES for INSTRUCTORS:
FORMS- all of the current quarter OC Testing information for Bremerton, Shelton and Poulsbo Testing Centers are available at X:\Shared Documents and Forms\Testing Center or at the Bremerton Assessment & Testing Center. Please save for future use. A Make-Up and Access Testing Support form must accompany all test materials delivered to the Testing Centers and must be fully completed by the instructor (including Time Limit, Materials Allowed, Return Preference, Deadline, and any other Instructions). We will request this completed if it is not sent with a test, or if the form does not include complete instructions. Avoid delays by having the fully completed form accompany all tests sent to us.
TESTING APPOINTMENTS-Remember that appointments for OC Make-Up and Access Testing are REQUIRED for Shelton and Poulsbo and can be set up by emailing ahead. Bremerton offers Walk-In Make-Up Testing, and all Access Testing is done by Appointment. Procedure for Students approved by Access Services for Testing Accommodations: The students will contact the Testing Center to set an appointment. They will pick up the Access Testing Support form. It is their responsibility to get this form back to the instructor, who should complete the form, attach the test materials and return the test packet to the Testing Center prior to the student’s test appointment date/time.
DELIVERY & RETURN- Testing materials can be delivered to the Testing Center by email, campus mail, fax or dropping off in person. The Bremerton Testing Center also has an After-Hours Drop Box in the hallway outside HSS222. This box is checked ONCE each morning before the office opens for tests that may have been dropped off after closing time the previous day or prior to opening. See “Printing Requests” below about test materials that are emailed to the Testing Centers. OC Testing materials can only be returned to instructors by Campus Mail, not U.S.Mail or by fax or email. We can also hold test materials in the office for Pick Up in Person.
TIME MANAGEMENT- When sending testing materials to the Testing Center(s), please allow ample time for processing; keep in mind that only Bremerton is staffed five days/week. Although this office can process Same-Day/Right-Away Make-Up Testing, we do ask that you allow some lead time before the student’s planned arrival for testing.
PRINTING REQUESTS and Defaults
COLOR-Please route all tests to Duplicating and request Delivery to the Testing Center if test documents will require color printing.
VOLUME-if test materials will require multiple copies for a list of several students or if test materials are more than 10 pages, please plan ahead to allow time for printing and campus mail delivery.
PRINTING DEFAULT-we will print all emailed tests as double-sided documents. If you need to have your test printed single-sided, you should route it to Duplicating for printing and request delivery to the Testing Center.
Humanities & Student Services Building, Room 222
Phone: (360) 475-7238
Fax: (360) 475-7470
By appointment only, email OCPTesting@olympic.edu to schedule or call
360.475.7238 for information
By appointment, email
OCSTesting@olympic.edu to schedule or call 360.432.5405 for information
Hours vary depending on the type of testing. Visit the webpage of the type of testing desired for more information.
A Parking Pass is required for the entirety of a vehicle being parked on campus. Visitor Parking Passes can be obtained from the Welcome Kiosk or Admissions on the first floor of the HSS building. Place this pass face up on the dashboard before checking in for testing.