Current Government-Issued Photo Identification is required for ALL testing services and is also required to pick up any testing score reports or official documents.
See Quick Links to the Left to go to specific Testing Service pages for more information.
TESTING SCHEDULE INFORMATION:
The Bremerton Assessment & Testing Center runs three schedules throughout the year:
1. Start of the Quarter (during the first two weeks of the Fall, Winter & Spring Academic Quarters and for the full Summer Quarter)
2. Instructional (starts the 3rd week of the Fall, Winter & Spring Academic Quarters)
3. Non-Instructional (during the Breaks between quarters).
Please refer to the individual testing pages for specific date ranges and hours for each type of test (see links above).
We will begin the Spring Quarter Instructional Schedule beginning on April 14, 2014. The Lobby will be open from 9:00AM to 6:00PM Monday-Thursday and 9:00am to Noon on Fridays. This schedule will be in effect until the end of the Spring Quarter on 06/11/14. Closed for OC Holidays.
Exceptions to the above hours:
Assessment & Testing Center Closed on Friday 05/02/14 for staff to attend the Classified Connection.
Office will Close at 4:00p instead of 6:00p on Wed 05/14, Thur 05/15, Mon 05/19 & Tue 05/20.
No Make-Up Testing or Proctoring Services available on Friday 05/16/14 (Access Testing Appointments can be set for 05/16/14).
We will begin the Non-Instructional Schedule for the Summer Break beginning on Thursday 06/12/14. This schedule will be in effect until the start of the Summer Quarter. The Lobby will be open 9a-4p Monday-Thursday and Closed Fridays during these dates.
We will begin the Summer Quarter Schedule beginning on Tuesday 07/01/14. This schedule will be in effect until the end of the Summer Quarter, on 0821/14. The Lobby will be open 9a-4p Monday-Thursday and 9a-12p on Fridays.
Take note that our posted Lobby hours are not always the same as the individual testing service schedules.
OC NOTICES for ALL Testing Candidates:
- Current Photo Identification is REQUIRED to check in for all types of testing and for score inquiries; No Exceptions. Type of ID(s) required will vary by testing service. Please have appropriate Photo ID ready when entering.
- Only approved testing aides as indicated on the Testing Support form by faculty will be allowed into the Testing Rooms.
- Personal Items are not allowed into the Testing Rooms. Personal items can be stored in available lockers in Testing Lobby.
- All Electronic Devices, including Cell Phones and Watches, are prohibited from entering the Testing Rooms. These items must be stored.
- Olympic College and Assessment & Testing Center are not responsible for items placed into storage.
- Food and Drinks are not allowed in Testing Rooms.
- Students are responsible for adhering to posted Testing Schedules; to arrive in time to complete testing and check out before the posted closing time or instructor-enforced testing deadlines.
- Visitors, Guests and Children are not allowed into Testing Rooms. See Children on Campus Policy online under OC Policy & Procedures
- All students will sign that they understand these policies before testing for OC instructors.
OC Testing NOTICES for INSTRUCTORS:
FORMS- all of the current quarter OC Testing information for Bremerton, Shelton and Poulsbo Testing Centers are available at X:\Shared Documents and Forms\Testing Center or at the Bremerton Assessment & Testing Center. Please save for future use. A Make-Up and Access Testing Support form must accompany all test materials delivered to the Testing Centers and must be fully completed by the instructor (including Time Limit, Materials Allowed, Return Preference, Deadline, and any other Instructions). We will request this completed if it is not sent with a test, or if the form does not include complete instructions. Avoid delays by having the fully completed form accompany all tests sent to us.
TESTING APPOINTMENTS-Remember that appointments for OC Make-Up and Access Testing are REQUIRED for Shelton and Poulsbo and can be set up by emailing ahead. Bremerton offers Walk-In Make-Up Testing, and all Access Testing is done by Appointment. Procedure for Students approved by Access Services for Testing Accommodations: The students will contact the Testing Center to set an appointment. They will pick up the Access Testing Support form. It is their responsibility to get this form back to the instructor, who should complete the form, attach the test materials and return the test packet to the Testing Center prior to the student’s test appointment date/time.
DELIVERY & RETURN- Testing materials can be delivered to the Testing Center by email, campus mail, fax or dropping off in person. The Bremerton Testing Center also has an After-Hours Drop Box in the hallway outside HSS222. This box is checked each morning before the office opens at 9:00a for tests that may have been dropped off after closing time the previous day. See “Printing Requests” below about test materials that are emailed to the Testing Centers. OC Testing materials can only be returned to instructors by Campus Mail, not U.S.Mail or by fax or email. We can also hold test materials in the office for Pick Up in Person.
TIME MANAGEMENT- When sending testing materials to the Testing Center(s), please allow ample time for processing; keep in mind that only Bremerton is staffed five days/week. Although this office can process Same-Day/Right-Away Make-Up Testing, we do ask that you allow some lead time before the student’s planned arrival for testing.
PRINTING REQUESTS and Defaults
COLOR-Please route all tests to Duplicating and request Delivery to the Testing Center if test documents will require color printing.
VOLUME-if test materials will require multiple copies for a list of several students or if test materials are more than 10 pages, please. Please plan ahead to allow time for printing and campus mail delivery.
PRINTING DEFAULT-we will print all emailed tests as double-sided documents. If you need to have your test printed single-sided, you should route it to Duplicating for printing and request delivery to the Testing Center.
Starting on January 2, 2014, there will be a new GED® test*. Scheduling is online at www.ged.com .
Humanities & Student Services Building, Room 222
Accuplacer Phone: (360) 475-7531
Testing Phone: (360) 475-7238
Fax: (360) 475-7470
Hours vary depending on the type of testing. Visit the webpage of the type of testing desired for more information.
By appointment only, email OCPTesting@olympic.edu to schedule or call
360.475.7238 for information
By appointment, email
OCSTesting@olympic.edu to schedule or call 360.432.5400 for information