Current Government-Issued Photo Identification is required for ALL testing services and is also required to pick up any testing score reports or official documents.
See Quick Links to the Left to go to specific Testing Service pages for more information.
TESTING SCHEDULE INFORMATION:
The Bremerton Assessment & Testing Center runs two schedules throughout the year:
1. Instructional (during the Fall, Winter & Spring Academic Quarters)
2. Non-Instructional (during the Breaks between quarters and for the full Summer Quarter).
Please refer to the individual testing pages for specific date ranges and hours for each type of test (see links above).
We will begin the Non-Instructional Schedule for the Winter Break beginning on Friday 12/12/14. This schedule will be in effect until the start of the Winter Quarter on 01/05/15. The Lobby will be Open 9a-4p Monday-Thursday, Closed Fridays and posted OC Holidays.
Exceptions to Posted Hours:
Closing at 2p on 12/24 & 12/31/14.
Closed on posted OC Holidays 12/25/14 & 01/012/15.
We will begin the Winter Quarter Instructional Schedule on Monday 01/05/15. The Lobby will be Open 9:00a-5:00p Monday-Thursday and 9:00a-12:00p on Fridays; Closed for posted OC Holidays.
Take note that our posted Lobby hours are not always the same as the individual testing service schedules.
OC NOTICES for ALL Testing Candidates:
- Current Photo Identification is REQUIRED to check in for all types of testing and for score inquiries; No Exceptions. Type of ID(s) required will vary by testing service. Please have appropriate Photo ID ready when entering.
- Only approved testing aides as indicated on the Testing Support form by faculty will be allowed into the Testing Rooms.
- Personal Items are not allowed into the Testing Rooms. Personal items can be stored in available lockers in Testing Lobby.
- All Electronic Devices, including Cell Phones and Watches, are prohibited from entering the Testing Rooms. These items must be stored.
- Olympic College and Assessment & Testing Center are not responsible for items placed into storage.
- Break Policies are set by the exam sponsor. Access to items in storage while on break also determined by the exam sponsor. OC Default Policies for breaks: no access to items in locked storage unless it is an emergency/health need (ex: for medication or food) and leaving the building is not permitted.
- Eating, Drinking & Smoking are not allowed in Testing Rooms.
- Students are responsible for adhering to posted Testing Schedules; to arrive in time to complete testing and check out before the posted closing time or instructor-enforced testing deadlines. Students will not be allowed to remain in the testing room to complete a test after the posted closing time.
- Visitors, Guests and Children are not allowed into Testing Rooms. See Children on Campus Policy online under OC Policy & Procedures
- All OC students will sign that they understand these policies before testing for OC instructors. Other Testing Services will require candidate signatures on exam rules agreement forms.
- If driving a vehicle to the campus, please note that a Parking Pass is required for the entire time that your vehicle is parked on campus. Parking Passes are available at the Welcome Kiosk at the entrance to the HSS building or from the Campus Safety Office (HSS101). Take this pass back to the vehicle's dashboard before checking in for any testing.
OC Testing NOTICES for INSTRUCTORS:
FORMS- all of the current quarter OC Testing information for Bremerton, Shelton and Poulsbo Testing Centers are available on the common drive at Shared Documents and Forms\Student Development\Testing Center or at the Bremerton Assessment & Testing Center. Please save for future use. A Testing Support form must accompany all test materials delivered to the Testing Centers and must be fully completed by the instructor (including Time Limit, Materials Allowed, Return Preference, Deadline, and any other Instructions). We will return the test packet and request that this form be completed if it is not sent with a test, or if the form does not include complete instructions. Avoid delays by having the fully completed form accompany all tests sent to us.
TESTING APPOINTMENTS-Remember that appointments for OC Make-Up and Access Testing are REQUIRED for Shelton and Poulsbo and can be set up by emailing ahead. Bremerton offers Walk-In Make-Up Testing, All Access Testing is done by Appointment. Procedure for Students approved by Access Services for Testing Accommodations: The students will contact the Testing Center to set an appointment. They will pick up the Testing Support form. It is their responsibility to get this form back to the instructor, who should complete the form, attach the test materials and return the test packet to the Testing Center prior to the student’s test appointment date/time.
DELIVERY & RETURN- Testing materials can be delivered to the Testing Center by email, campus mail, fax or dropping off in person. The Bremerton Testing Center also has an After-Hours Drop Box in the hallway outside HSS222. This box is checked ONCE each morning before the office opens for tests that may have been dropped off after closing time the previous day or prior to opening. See “Printing Requests” below about test materials that are emailed to the Testing Centers. OC Testing materials can only be returned to instructors by Campus Mail, not U.S.Mail or by fax or email. We can also hold test materials in the office for Pick Up in Person.
TIME MANAGEMENT- When sending testing materials to the Testing Center(s), please allow ample time for processing; keep in mind that only Bremerton is staffed five days/week. Although this office can process Same-Day/Right-Away Make-Up Testing, we do ask that you allow some lead time before the student’s planned arrival for testing.
PRINTING REQUESTS and Defaults
COLOR-Please route all tests to Duplicating and request Delivery to the Testing Center if test documents will require color printing.
VOLUME-if test materials will require multiple copies for a list of several students or if test materials are more than 10 pages, please plan ahead to allow time for printing and campus mail delivery.
PRINTING DEFAULT-we will print all emailed tests as double-sided documents. If you need to have your test printed single-sided, you should route it to Duplicating for printing and request delivery to the Testing Center.
Humanities & Student Services Building, Room 222
Phone: (360) 475-7238
Fax: (360) 475-7470
By appointment only, email OCPTesting@olympic.edu to schedule or call
360.475.7238 for information
By appointment, email
OCSTesting@olympic.edu to schedule or call 360.432.5405 for information
Hours vary depending on the type of testing. Visit the webpage of the type of testing desired for more information.
A Valid Parking Pass (Student Parking Sticker, Employee Placard or Visitor Pass) is required for the entirety of a vehicle being parked on campus. Visitor Parking Passes can be obtained from the Welcome Kiosk or Campus Safety Office on the first floor of the HSS building. Place this pass face up on the dashboard before checking in for testing.