Your username is your first name and your last name with no spaces between your first and last name.
Your initial password is the first letter of your last name, capitalized, followed by a dash (-), and the last four digits of your student ID number.
The first time you log in, you will be prompted to change your password. You must change your password .
The new password you select must meet the following criteria:
- At least 8 characters long (up to 256 characters)
- Contain at least 1 capital letter
- Contain at least 1 lower case letter
- Contain at least 1 number or special character
- Must not contain any part of your user name
An example of a password might be College5 , since this password meets all of the criteria described above.
Your password should be something that is easy for you to remember, but not too easy for others to guess.
How to Log In
If your name is James Percy Smithers and your student ID number is 860001234, your username would be JamesSmithers and your initial password would be S-1234 .
Before you report a problems with an account, here are some common fixes:
- Are you enrolled in at least one regular Olympic College for-credit course? Please see your advisor if you are unsure.
- Have you recently changed your password? Are you sure you are using the right one?
- Are you logged in somewhere else? You are only allowed one login at a time.
Student LINUX Accounts
If you need information about using the Unix or Linux systems, see the Student Linux Accounts link Here.
If you are still having trouble logging in, please ask the lab tech on duty for assistance or call the Help Desk at extension 7600 on campus.