This program is designed to prepare students for entry level positions welding Aluminum alloys utilizing the Gas Metal and Gas Tungsten Arc welding processes.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Entry level skills for welding carbon, stainless and aluminum alloys welded with the Gas Metal and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding processes.
- Understand the set-up, running and maintenance of GMAW and GTAW equipment and how to operate the equipment safely.
- Understand safety requirements associated with the welding industry; including welding gear, welding equipments, gasses, tools, and welding environment.
- Understand blue print reading by interpreting AWS welding symbols in order to fabricate an assembly to engineering drawing requirements.
- An overview of the manufacturing sector, including career exploration.