This two to three quarter certificate can enable students to gain core client-side web site development skills, including web page scripting, which help make them employable in web page creation and programming entry-level positions. This certificate will also serve as part of the course requirements for the CIS Information Systems Specialist Associate in Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T) degree.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Explain and demonstrate core web site development, including creation, web page scripting, and maintenance concepts.
- Construct well-designed, interactive World Wide Web client pages which conform to HTML5 standards.
- Explain and demonstrate basic file transfer from a local development computer to an Internet web server.
- Explain the Hypertext Transfer Protocol and Uniform Resource Locator concepts.
- Explain client/server concepts.
- Demonstrate the ability to use a web page scripting language to manipulate web page objects, create special effects, and validate form information prior to form submission.
- Explain the use of and integrate digital media on a web page.