A one to two quarter certificate can enable students to gain basic IT skills complementing employable skills in PC installation, computer help desks, and other entry-level positions. This certificate will also serve as the core for our 1-year certificate program which is the basis of all other CIS programs at OC.
Moreover, this Technical Support certificate will give students, who may currently work in industry or have only an industry certification (such as an MSCE or Cisco certification), a set of courses to broaden their IT knowledge base and enhance their “soft skills.”
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Communicate the role of IT and its support for the organization.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills in areas such as: applications, operating systems, and programming.
- Demonstrate employment skills in organizational communication, presentation, and collaboration.
- Clarify how to gather and track key sources of information.
- Learn new technical skills quickly and willingly take on new challenges.