A one-year certificate can enable students to gain core IT skills leading to CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ certification offering employability in PC support, call center help desks, and other entry-level positions.
Moreover, the Technical Support certificate will give students a set of courses to broaden their IT knowledge, skills and abilities and to enhance their “soft skills” area through general education classes (which are transferable).
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Communicate the role of IT and its support for the organization.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills in areas such as: applications, operating systems, and programming.
- Provide basic computer user support within a help desk environment, software/hardware maintenance.
- Discuss and support networking technologies such as LAN/WANs and Internet protocols.
- Demonstrate employment skills in organizational communication, presentation, and collaboration.
- Clarify how to gather and track key sources of information.
- Communicate technical information to a variety of audiences in a clear and precise way.
- Work effectively on a team following formalized project management methodologies and best practices.
- Adapt to new technologies quickly.