Completion of the Technical Design Certificate Program leads to basic entry-level employability as a drafter. Further study is recommended upon employment.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Use a variety of computer-aided design software programs as would be required of a technical designer at a minimal skill level.
- Access and use technical, human, and information resources accurately to complete projects and tasks.
- Use computer technology to exchange information and develop technical drawings.
- Use a systematic, problem solving approach for project development that begins with planning and concludes with an Internet or a hard copy product.
- Behave responsibly in the completion of projects and/or tasks, and in interaction with others in the classroom.
- Use related interactive GIS computer software technology to meet project and task requirements where technical drawings are part of a GIS database.
- Communicate orally, graphically and in writing using technical and non-technical language in ways that maximize understanding for the receiver of the product.
Required & Prerequisite Courses
NOTE: Elective and newly created courses may be substituted with permission of a Technical Design advisor.