This certificate expands students' knowledge of modular software development. Students will develop object-oriented programming skills and a solid foundation for further advanced studies in software development.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Identify major elements in the software development life cycle.
- Gather user requirements, convert them into a logical design, and implement them into a software-based solution.
- Document a system development project with user requirements, programming requirements and other documentation.
- Apply the concept of functional decomposition to program design.
- Compare and contrast the features and benefits of procedural and object oriented programming paradigms.
- Design and implement appropriate user interface.