Home / Services / Campus Safety

Campus Safety

Security is on-duty at Poulsbo, Shelton, and Bremerton campuses during regular hours of operation.  

The Campus Safety main office is located at the Bremerton campus, Humanities and Student Services (HSS) building in room 101.   Call us for assistance by using a call box, or phone at (360) 475-7800 for all three campuses, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You can view the location of a call box on campus by using this link to the interactive map of Olympic College.

Along the top of the map, you can browse different campus locations.  Along the left menu of the map, you can check the selection box for emergency phones, as well as other useful information.

See something unsafe?  Report it with a Safety Gram!
Emergency?  Call 911, and then  call Campus Safety at (360) 475-7800 so we can assist you.

Office Hours HSS 101 

Get Parking Permits, ID Cards, and Keys

  • Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
  • CLOSED on weekends, call (360) 475-7800 for assistance

Parking Information can be found on the Campus Safety Parking page.

Campus Safety provides these services:

  • Vehicle Unlock
  • Vehicle Jumpstart
  • ID Cards
  • Keys
  • Security Escort on Campus
  • Parking Permits
  • Parking Enforcement
  • Proximity Badge
  • Lost and Found
  • Lock Cutting
  • Policy and/or Criminal Reporting

Frequently Asked Questions:

Yes, Security Officers can be reached after normal business hours and on weekends by calling (360) 475-7800, or using one of the emergency callboxes on campus.

If the situation requires immediate Police or Medical help, dial 911 (from a campus phone dial 9-911), then contact the Campus Safety Office by dialing (360) 475-7800, pressing the "Security" button on your office phone, or using one of the emergency callboxes.

Yes, you can contact Campus Safety and arrange for an Officer to escort you to your class, or vehicle. 

Campus Safety should be contacted immediately if you are having any difficulty with another student on campus. All students at Olympic College have the right to attend school without being harassed, intimidated, or threatened. The Campus Safety Office works closely with the Office of the Vice President of Student Support and Achievement, and has a "zero tolerance" policy with regards to potentially violent/harmful situations. Please contact Director Daniel Walkup if you would like to report a concern, or if you would like to arrange to meet with the Vice President of Student Services.

Once you are registered for classes, you are eligible for a student identification card.  

You will need: 

ID cards are issued at HSS101 (Campus Safety Office) on the Bremerton campus, and at Student Services on the Poulsbo and Shelton campuses.

  • Lost your ID?  If it was issued less than 1 year ago, there is a $5 replacement fee for student ID cards - payable at the cashier's office.
  • Need to get your ID sticker?  Bring your student ID and Class Schedule (View your Schedule on OASIS) to HSS 101 in Bremerton, or Student Services in Poulsbo or Shelton.

Once you have an employee email account and ID number, you are eligible for an employee ID Card or Proximity Badge. 

These are the two types of employee identification;

Employee ID Card:  

  • This is a card that includes your photo, name, department, and job title.  This card does not open doors, it is only for identification.

    • Standard ID cards are issued at HSS101 (Campus Safety Office) on the Bremerton campus, and at Student Services on the Poulsbo and Shelton campuses.  

    • The office assistants can look up your employee directory information to produce the card, so all you need to bring is a valid photo identification.  

    • Your picture will be taken when the card is being made.

    • The ID Card only take minutes to make, and affords discounts to some local businesses.

Proximity Badge:  

  • Sometimes called a "Key Card", the proximity badge includes your photo, name, department, and job title.  It also has programming that allows access to specified rooms.
    • Proximity badges must be requested with a Work Order that is submitted by your supervisor.  The supervisor must be verifiable in the employee directory.
    • Proximity Badges are created and issued at the Campus Safety Office in HSS 101.  You will receive an email telling you when the card is ready.
    • You need to bring a valid photo identification to pick up your Proximity Badge, and your picture will be taken at that time.
    • Any updates to the programming of your card can be requested by your supervisor.  Have them email Campus Safety with the specific rooms or doors that need to be added or removed.  Campus Safety will reply to that email to tell you and your supervisor when the update is completed.
    • Lost or misplaced Proximity Badges should be reported immediately.  They can be deactivated to prevent unauthorized use of your badge.

There is a $5 replacement fee for any replacement ID Card or Proximity Badge.  This fee can be paid at the Cashier's Office, HSS 106.

Quarterly ID stickers can be obtained in HSS 101 in Bremerton.  The sticker allows for use of the Gym facilities in the Physical Education building, and allows for the use of book rentals at the OC BookStore.