The WorkFirst Programs will be serving students, clients, staff and community members remotely. Effective Summer Quarter there will be limited in person services until further notice. See details below. Out of an abundance of caution for you and your family and for our staff and their families, the WorkFirst Program will be conducting most appointments via phone, email, or video chat.
Our goal is to serve you well during this challenging time! Do not hesitate to reach out to us for any reason. We are happy to point you in the direction for resources and people that can assist.
WorkFirst Virtual Lobby - Wednesday & Friday 10:000am - 2:00pm, Tuesday 10:00am to 12:00pm
Join Zoom Meeting https://olympic.zoom.us/j/95090803004
& to join Meeting ID: 950 9080 3004
Email : WorkFirstStaff@olympic.edu
* If you decide to call, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible! When we do return your call, our phone numbers may display as "Unknown Caller". Please answer the call when able.
WorkFirst Team Virtual & Physical Office Hours:
- Orientations: Tracee Costa: Physical Office - Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 9:00am to 3:30pm & Virtual 7:00 am - 9:00am & Virtual Office - Wednesday & Friday - 7:00 - 3:30pm email@example.com . Office phone (360) 475-7168 & (360) 362-5773.
- Attendance Sheets: Theresa Gorham: Physical Office - Wednesday 8:00am to 2:00pm & Virtual Office - Wednesday 2:00pm - 4:30pm. Virtual Office - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm - firstname.lastname@example.org Office phone (360) 475-7841 or cell phone or text (360) 286-5851.
- Ed Plan and Funding: Pauline Carlton: Physical Office – Thursday 9:30am to 6:00 pm Virtual Office - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 9:30am to 6:00pm. Pauline Carlton email@example.com Office Phone (360) 475-7846 Request an appointment an https://calendly.com/paulinecarltonocb
- WorkStudy: Kelley Sutherland: Physical Office - Monday 11:00am to 4:30pm Virtual Office - Monday 8:00am to 11:00am & Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. firstname.lastname@example.org Office phone Monday (360) 473-2860 or cell phone and text Mon - Fri (360) 620-2785.
- Program Oversight: Jane Blackman: Physical Office – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm Virtual Office - Monday thru Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm email@example.com Office phone Friday (360) 475-7847 or cell phone/ text Mon - Fri (360) 536-1207.
- Ed Plan and Funding Shelton: Dianna Peck: Virtual Office - Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm - Dianna Peck firstname.lastname@example.org Office Phone (360) 432- 5423 Cell/Text: (360) 545-3269 Request an appointment: https://calendly.com/diannapeck
- Basic Studies Ed Plan: Amanda Piesik email@example.com (360) 475-7550
- WorkFirst Email Bremerton & Shelton Campus:WorkFirstStaff@olympic.edu
- WorkFirst Office Phone - Bremerton: (360) 475-7166 WorkFirst Shelton Campus:(360) 432-5400
Get Started at Olympic College
OC Home Page
OC Financial Aid Office
Start Next Quarter
The WorkFirst Program provides financial assistance to WorkFirst participants attending Olympic College while receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits and have been referred for education and training by Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) or other WorkFirst partner agency. Assistance may be available for any of the Professional-Technical Programs (certificates and degrees) offered at Olympic College. Qualified students may be eligible to receive services in educational planning, financial assistance for tuition, fees, and books for vocational and basic skills training. Customized job skills training options are available. WorkFirst Work-Study positions are also available on a limited basis as well as referral to Working Connections Childcare for funding assistance with childcare related to school and work activities.
WorkFirst Program offers...
- Financial assistance towards tuition, fees, and books
- Work-Study: Combining learning and work
- Educational advising related to Professional-Technical programs
Click here for a list of professional/technical programs
WorkFirst Program employees are available by appointment using the Scheduler.
- Click on the link above (link is the WorkFirst Scheduler title) and you will find a drop down menu arrow and text reading, "Please select a service" .
- Select one service or person and a list of appointment times becomes available. Next step is drop down arrow showing the menu of service dates and times. Text reads, "Please select available date". Select a date and time. Scroll down.
- Complete "Your Information" and then push the button "Save Appointment". An auto email will be distributed to that person with your name and appointment time.
Start Next Quarter
Want to get started with one of our funding programs but are not sure which one you qualify for? Start Next Quarter offers a short, free, anonymous survey that shows you which of our funding programs you may qualify for.
See if you qualify for free and reduced tuition, books, and fees. Get the skills and education you need to find a stable career at a competitive salary with the programs and resources available to you.
Get started here: https://startnextquarter.org/