Center for Learning Innovation
Physical Office Closed but Open for Business Online
Beginning Tuesday, March 17, the Center for Learning Innovation will go fully online. The physical office in the Clock Tower Plaza of Building 6, Haselwood Library, will be closed.
Center staff will continue to support faculty, staff, and students during normal business hours, with extended hours on weekends as needed.
Here’s how we’re going to do that:
Visit the Center for Learning Innovation Virtual Office (Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/7674004662) between 8 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The office will be open!
If you visit the office outside of business hours, the office will be unoccupied.
Email email@example.com anytime. A Center staff member will follow up with you promptly by phone (leave your number), email, or Zoom video conference -- whatever you prefer.
We’re sorry we cannot serve you face-to-face at this time. We look forward to offering face-to-face support as soon as the Coronavirus crisis is over.
Who does the Center support?
- Students, faculty, and staff
What does the Center support?
- Technical assistance with Canvas and online learning tools like Zoom and Panopto
- Help with learning and teaching online
- Course design and delivery
- Professional development in teaching, learning, and assessment
- Accessibility of course materials to all students, and especially students with disabilities
- And more
Need to learn more about Canvas, Zoom, or other online learning tools? The Center has numerous Upcoming Training Opportunities for you. (Link:https://olympic.instructure.com/courses/1934285/pages/upcoming-training-opportunities)
Where Is The eLearning Office located?
We are located in the lower level of the Haselwood Library, reached via the Clock Tower Plaza entrance. Walk-ins are always welcome during normal business hours (8am - 4:30pm). We are not staffed outside of normal hours but will respond to after hours and weekend email and telephone inquiries within one working day after they are received. We support online, hybrid and web-enhanced classes that use the Canvas platform.
How Do I Contact eLearning?
We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our telephone number is (360) 475-7770 or (800) 259-6718 x7770
What Are The Hours Of Operation?
We are open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
How Do I Log Into My Canvas Account?
1. Your login ID is your Olympic College student email address; and
2. Your password is your Olympic College network/email password.
1. Your login ID is your Olympic College email address; and
2. Your password is your network/email password.
What is my student username and password?
The Student Account Activation page will tell you everything you need to know about what your user name is, how to set your password and all of the resources you have access to as a student at Olympic College.
Forgot your password?
1. Reset your password online. For students click here. For faculty and staff click here.
2. Call the IT Help Desk at 360-475-7600; or
3. Email the IT Help Desk at email@example.com.
Okay, Where Do I Find The Olympic College Canvas Site?
There are a couple of ways to do this. Navigate to the Olympic College website (www.olympic.edu) and click on the red Canvas link that appears in the upper left hand corner of the page next to the OASIS link (see the image below). You can also click on this link - https:\\olympic.instructure.com - and it will take you directly to the login page. Be careful about "Googling" the term "Canvas" since it will return a large number of Canvas sites that do not belong to Olympic College. There are many other schools around the country that also use Canvas.
What Web Browser Should I Use?
There are a number of web browsers available, but is one better than the other? Right now, we strongly recommend using the most recent version of Firefox, Chrome or Safari, if you are a Mac user. We do not recommend Internet Explorer or Edge.
How Do I Get Started Online?
Getting Started Online at Olympic College is easy! You can start it from the comfort of your own sofa without having to leave the house!
To see if online courses are right for you, consider taking the Are You Ready online quiz.
- Follow the Getting Started process.
- Browse the Schedule - filter by branch and type to see all distance options. When you browse your classes make sure you click on the "Details" button to see how the class is being delivered. Not all online classes are delivered via Canvas. Some use publishers' sites associated with the text book. The link for these sites and instructions on how to access them are included with your text book. Others use sites created by the teacher. Make sure you know how your classes are being delivered. If you have questions, please contact Admissions at 360-475-7479 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register and Pay for Classes
- Buy Books
Contact your faculty advisor in your major area of interest to choose online classes for future quarters.
Notice To Prospective/Current Students Who Live In Another State And Want To Attend Classes From Outside The State Of Washington
Please look at our Out of State Students page for very important information. If you are going to reside in the state of Washington while attending distance education classes you can disregard this notice.