This program is designed to prepare students for entry-level metal cutting positions in the welding industry.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Perform safety inspections and preventive maintenance of welding equipment.
- Apply personal safety procedures and use the correct personal protective equipment in the welding environment.
- Apply welding theory and knowledge of common terms used in the industry to oxy/fuel gas and electric arc welding processes.
- Use measuring instruments and layout tools including tape measures, combination squares, and machinist rulers.
- Perform the following processes with an understanding of the appropriate application and instance for use: flame cutting, plasma cutting, sheering, and using the band saw or chop saw.
- With 75% accuracy per workmanship standard, perform: oxyacetylene welding, brazing, oxy/fuel cutting, plasma arc cutting, straight cutting, and beveling.
- Enhance academic success and retention for new and returning students into college.
- An overview of the manufacturing sector, including career exploration.