This program is designed to prepare students for leadership roles in private and public service environments within a 2 year format. It also prepares students to continue their studies at the bachelor level. The program Mission Statement is: “To assist individuals by providing basic leadership skills, an understanding of their role in influencing groups of individuals to accomplish organizational goals while adopting strategies that foster critical thinking and the ability to lead change within organizations.”
AAS-T Requirements: The AAS-T is awarded upon the successful completion of a minimum of 93-95 quarter credits with an overall grade point average of 2.0. A minimum of 20 credits must be taken from Olympic College, including the last 10 credits. Students are required to successfully complete the required leadership core and a college-level general education component. This degree transfers well to Brandman University.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Focus on humanistic, ethical, and transformational leadership in organizations.
- Achieve organizational goals and personal growth.
- Solve problems to promote positive organizational change.
- Bridge the gap between theory and practical applications to achieve immediate results in their lives and organizations.
- Effectively use oral and written communications skills in an organizational environment.
- Work respectfully and collaboratively with diverse individuals and teams.
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of organizational conduct.