This program is designed to develop student skill and appreciation for the behavioral issues that impact human effectiveness, particularly in an organizational setting, the role change plays in our lives, personally and professionally, the importance of building and sustaining an organizational culture that respects and accepts diversity in the workplace, key leadership techniques to help influence positive change and the ethical standards that should drive actions in the workplace. As part of the program students complete a project related to one of the governing themes in the areas of human effectiveness, diversity, change, leadership and/or ethics.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Identify key variables that influence human effectiveness in the workplace and be able to apply various tools and techniques to improve individual and/or team performance.
- Develop an inventory of personal beliefs, biases, and perceptions that may influence how change impacts our lives, personally and professionally.
- Through heightened awareness, enhance problem solving skills that may result in positive organizational change.
- Show respect and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and teams within the organization.
- Analyze and assess the legal and ethical issues that impact organizational and individual conduct and behavior.
- Focus on bridging the gap between theory and practice when applying key leadership techniques.
- Effectively use oral and written communication skills in discussing and presenting issues related to human and organizational development.