This certificate option prepares students with technology skills for work in today’s business and service industries. Students will develop foundational skills in teamwork, critical thinking, basic office skills, customer service, and current office technology.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Work effectively, individually and as a team member, to serve customers and complete projects and tasks.
- Use effective verbal, written and visual communication skills to build effective human relations.
- Review standard grammar, usage and punctuation in written documents intended for a variety of readers.
- Perform computer functions in a MS Office environment, produce professional docu-ments and communicate electronically.
- Manage time, resources, and information.
- Recognize when and how to use problem solving skills.
- Use information technology to explore career options in technology related occupations.
- Gain effective strategies to actively participate and succeed in a learning environment.
- Increase awareness of self-worth, and enhance the ability to make positive choices about values, skills and attitudes. Work effectively, individually and as a team member, to serve customers and complete projects and tasks.