How to Get Involved
The OC MESA Program provides a vital link for ensuring success as students transition from high school to four-year institutions. Students who have recently completed high school or are concurrently completing high school while taking college courses (through programs such as Running Start) are provided a high level of support to ease the transition from high school to college. Once students complete their degree requirements at Olympic College, OC MESA staff work closely with faculty and staff at the State's 4-year institutions to ensure that transfer students receive the same level of individual attention and support.
For area high schools, a variety of ways exist to get involved:
- Invite OC MESA staff to meet with faculty and staff to describe OC MESA Program opportunities and discuss potential collaboration.
- Promote OC MESA Program opportunities among eligible students and academic peers. An informational flyer (PDF) is available for distribution.
- Invite OC MESA staff to present program information to eligible Running Start or Olympic College bound high school students.
- Involve OC MESA staff in recruitment and outreach events offered at the high school level.
- Encourage high school student participation in OC MESA or broader Olympic College recruitment and outreach events.
- Provide long-term strategic direction for the OC MESA Program.
To get involved or learn more, please contact:
Dr. Roseann Berg, Program Director
Olympic College: Bremerton
1600 Chester Avenue
Bremerton, WA 98337
Science & Technology Bldg, Rm 108