This certificate is designed to provide students with entry level manufacturing skills in Computer Numerical Control (CNC).
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer numerical control (CNC) terminology with the ability to define, utilize and explain CNC terminology.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform programming calculations and handwrite numerical control codes, as well as program, trouble-shoot, safely set-up and operate CNC mill and lathe machines.
- Demonstrate an understanding/ability to program and complete student milling and turning projects during the quarter.
- Program, run, edit and troubleshoot NC codes.
- Perform surface modeling techniques.
- Perform various methods to create solids.