This certificate prepares students to support Linux-based operating systems used commonly in business and networked environments. Students will learn to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot enterprise class servers and workstations running Linux-based operating systems, services (daemons) and applications.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Explain and demonstrate the protocols of the TCP/IP protocol suite, the OSI model, and proprietary operating system protocols from Microsoft, and various UNIX platform vendors
- Demonstrate skills required to install, configure, administer, and maintain UNIX- and Linux-based applications.
- Demonstrate skills required to install and maintain both client-side and server-side UNIX- and Linuxbased applications.
- Configure open source operating systems to inter-operate in a heterogeneous environment consisting of both closed- and open-source operating systems.
- Perform simple form verification using pattern matching and regular expressions.