This program is designed to build an understanding of leadership theory and practice expressed through the work of organizational supervision. Students will be exposed to the principles of leadership and, in particular, how supervisory responsibilities are informed by leadership principles as well as through behavioral and organizational research. This certificate supports the knowledge of and implementation of:
- Leadership theory in particular as it relates to supervision.
- Supervisory foundations and best practices.
- Leadership and ethics.
- Strengths and supervision.
As part of the program, students will complete various projects which focus on the critical themes found in effective supervision.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Identify key leadership principles that influence supervision and supervisory practices.
- Develop and apply the principles of emotional intelligence included in effective supervision.
- Diagnose and remediate performance problems.
- Analyze and assess the personal, professional, and legal ethical issues that impact supervision.
- Identify how individual strengths impact leadership and supervision practices.
- Effectively use oral and written communication skills in discussing and presenting issues related to supervision and organizational performance.