This program is designed to develop student skill and appreciation in/for the behavioral issues that impact human effectiveness, particularly in an organizational setting. In addition, this program instills skills and appreciation of:
- The role change plays in our lives, personally and professionally.
- The key leadership tools and techniques designed to help influence positive change.
- The ethical standards that should drive actions in the workplace.
- The value of creating and maintaining a diverse culture and building a foundation for understanding general industry business practices.
As part of the program students complete a project related to one of the governing themes in the areas of human effectiveness, diversity, change, leadership, or business practice.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Identify key variables that influence human effectiveness in the workplace and be able to apply various tools and techniques to improve individual and/or team performance.
- Develop an inventory of personal beliefs, biases, and perceptions that may influence how change impacts our lives both personally and professionally.
- Through heightened awareness, enhance problem solving skills that may result in positive organizational change.
- Show respect and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and teams within the organization.
- Analyze and assess the legal and ethical issues that impact organizational and individual conduct and behavior.
- Focus on bridging the gap between theory and practice when applying key leadership techniques.
- Effectively use oral and written communication skills in discussing and presenting issues related to human and organizational development.