Ready. Set. Ride.
Ride Transit in October: Kitsap Transit Challenge
During October, Olympic College students enrolled in fall quarter classes have the opportunity to ride transit and be rewarded with freebies and prizes!
- Limited edition Olympic College branded ORCA card with monthly bus pass ($55 retail value)
- Awards luncheon recognizing students with most transit trips in October
- Prizes for transit riders, including the Grand Prize — a $500 Google Play gift card!
Register for the Kitsap Transit Challenge. It’s free. Click here.
How to get your pass
Once you’ve registered and Kitsap Transit has confirmed your eligibility, you can pick up your OC ORCA Bus Pass during Welcome Week at OC Bremerton. Stop by the KT booth in the Bremer Student Center on these dates:
- Monday, Sept. 23: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 24: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 25: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
If you are registering on-site at the Student Center for the OC ORCA Bus Pass, you must show Kitsap Transit staff your OC identification card with fall-quarter sticker and your documentation from OC registrar with your class schedule; the process will take longer if you register on site. Save yourself time and pre-register online: Click here to register now
Certain OC students are not eligible for the Challenge:
- Former OC students
- Puget Sound Naval Shipyard / Naval Base Kitsap employees
- Students in OC Distance-Learning programs without on-campus classes during fall quarter
Note: Mason Transit Authority will honor Kitsap Transit challenge ORCA cards for trips between Belfair and Bremerton during the month of October.
Kitsap Transit Just Leveled Up
Bus service is getting an upgrade, with faster and more direct service and extended hours of service on weekdays and Saturdays. Some of the new benefits to Olympic College:
- Direct connection between the Bremerton and Poulsbo OC campuses
- More frequent weekday bus service to OC Poulsbo and OC Bremerton campuses
- Buses stop directly in front of both campuses
- Download the Kitsap Transit Tracker mobile app from DoubleMap for iPhone and Android to get real-time bus arrival times at your stop, set up alerts, and watch buses and ferries on the map
- Free one-on-one travel training for those wanting to learn how to use public transit (appointment necessary)
For details on these upgrades, visit KitsapTransit.com/Upgrade
How to Register for the Kitsap Transit Challenge
- Register for the Kitsap Transit Challenge. It’s free. Click here.
- Once we’ve confirmed your eligibility to play, you will be signed up for e-mail updates from GovDelivery, Kitsap Transit’s rider-alert service.
- Get your Kitsap Transit Challenge Kit at the Olympic College Bremerton campus during Welcome Week. (Kitsap Transit will make alternative arrangements for students with difficulty getting to the OC Bremerton campus.)
- During the month of October, ride Kitsap Transit’s routed buses and local foot ferries (Bremerton-Port Orchard-Annapolis) and pay with the Olympic College ORCA card.
- Rack up trips and compete for great prizes. The more you ride, the more chances you have to win!
- Attend our awards luncheon in November and tell us what you learned and what you need to ride transit more frequently.
- Keep riding! After October, you can keep using your Olympic College ORCA card to ride transit by registering it at orcacard.com and adding a monthly bus pass or E-purse to it.
Share Your Experience on Transit
During October, Olympic College students who’ve taken the Kitsap Transit Challenge are encouraged to take selfies on KT buses and ferries and share them on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #KTChallenge, as well as share their reasons for riding.
The best posts will be highlighted by Kitsap Transit and Olympic College!
The challenge is open only to OC students enrolled in the 2019 fall quarter classes at Olympic College’s Bremerton, Poulsbo and Shelton campuses; students employed at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard or Submarine Base Bangor are NOT eligible. Mason Transit Authority will honor the Olympic College ORCA card as valid fare media for OC students enrolled in fall quarter classes who are taking MTA bus trips in October between Mason and Kitsap counties. KT/OC bus pass is valid from Oct. 1, 2019-Oct. 31, 2019 for fares on Kitsap Transit’s Routed Service, Dial-A-Ride services (BI Ride, SK Ride and Kingston Ride) and Local Foot Ferries (Bremerton-Port Orchard-Annapolis). Bus pass is NOT valid on Kitsap Transit Fast Ferries. Challenge participants who would like to use the Olympic College ORCA card on the fast ferry and other transit services will need to register their card at orcacard.com and load the E-purse on the card with funds to pay fares on services not covered by the KT bus pass.
Challenge participants consent to having their rides tracked by Kitsap Transit, and their names, contact information, likenesses, and number of trips taken during the challenge potentially used for marketing and available to the public. In November the winners of the challenge will be determined by random drawing. Kitsap Transit, in its sole discretion, will make the final determination on winners and awarding of prizes after the challenge closes. Kitsap Transit reserves the right to substitute prizes and modify the contest at any time.
If you have questions about the Challenge, please e-mail Marketing@kitsaptransit.com. If you have problems with your ORCA card, please contact Customer Service by calling 800.501.RIDE or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: WSU and WWU students taking classes at the Bremerton and Poulsbo campuses are eligible for the Kitsap Transit Challenge. When completing the online registration form, enter WSU or WWU and your Student ID in the column named OC Student ID.