Graduates are prepared for the BAS-IS program, or for general Information Technology positions such as technical support, help desk, or other business-oriented systems environments.
The program offers students the ability to take a cross-section of CIS classes that introduces them to the major domains of information technology rather than specializing in a single domain. This includes programming, web design, networking, and security. The program stresses soft skills such as communication and teamwork.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively use computers to automate business information systems.
- [Thinking Core Ability] Effectively analyze, design, and build application solutions to support business needs.
- [Information Literacy & Technology Core Ability] Effectively analyze, design, and build Web solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively analyze, design, and build network solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively analyze, design, and deploy IT security solutions to support business needs.
- [Lifelong Learning Core Ability] Effectively fulfill business needs with IT solutions.
- [Communication Core Ability] Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- [Global Perspective] Work as a team member in a business information system environment to accomplish the goals of a global organization.
- Graduates will be able to follow simple and complex directions, exhibit a high level of attention to detail, and will be able to demonstrate a strong adherence to good time management practices.
Required & Prerequisite Courses
(* indicates prerequisites required, click course name to view details)
Program progression is contingent upon a minimum grade of 2.0 or above in each CIS course.