Graduates are prepared for the BAS-IS program, or for Information Technology networking positions such as system administrators, network administrators, system architect, network technicians, help desk, or other business-oriented systems environments. Computer Information Systems Specialists work with businesses, governments, and other organizations that use computer hardware and software every day. They provide day-to-day support for users. They make sure all parts of a computer system work to meet the organization's goals. They use their strong communications skills to help and work with a variety of people within an organization. Students planning to transfer after graduation should work closely with an adviser at the baccalaureate institution before finalizing their education plan.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively use computers to automate business information systems.
- [Thinking Core Ability] Effectively analyze, design, and build application solutions to support business needs.
- [Information Literacy & Technology Core Ability] Effectively analyze, design, and build Web solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively analyze, design, and build network solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively analyze, design, and deploy IT security solutions to support business needs.
- [Lifelong Learning Core Ability] Effectively fulfill business needs with IT solutions.
- [Communication Core Ability] Effectively communicate in the context of common business practices.
- [Global Perspective] Work as a team member in a business information system environment to accomplish the goals of a global organization.
- Graduates will be able to follow simple and complex directions, exhibit a high level of attention to detail, and will be able to demonstrate a strong adherence to good time management practices.
Required & Prerequisite Courses
(* indicates prerequisites required, click course name to view details)
Program progression is contingent upon a minimum grade of 2.0 or above in each degree specialization course, each CIS course, each DMA course, ART course, and BMGMT course.