Graduates are prepared for entry software development or web development positions in business-oriented environments, or for the BAS-IS program.
The program provides students with core information technology skills in web design, networking, security, and programming, and then provides depth in software development, including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks. The program also stresses soft skills such as communication and teamwork.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively use computers to automate business information systems.
- [Thinking Core Ability] Effectively analyze, design, and build application solutions to support business needs.
- [Information Literacy & Technology Core Ability] Effectively analyze, design, and build Web solutions to support business needs.
- [Lifelong Learning Core Ability] Effectively fulfill business needs with IT solutions.
- [Communication Core Ability] Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- [Global Perspective] Work as a team member in a business information system environment to accomplish the goals of a global organization.
- Graduates will be able to follow simple and complex directions, exhibit a high level of attention to detail, and will be able to demonstrate a strong adherence to good time management practices.
Required & Prerequisite Courses
(* indicates prerequisites required, click course name to view details)
Program progression is contingent upon a minimum grade of 2.0 or above in each CIS course.