This program prepares the graduate to obtain employment and become a productive Information Technology professional in a business-oriented systems environment. Students meet with their advisor to prepare an educational plan in one of the three degree aread of emphasis.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Effectively use computers to automate business information systems.
- Effectively analyze, design, and build application solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively analyze, design, and build Web solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively analyze, design, and build network solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively analyze, design, and deploy IT security solutions to support business needs.
- Effectively apply business management strategies to support business needs.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- Work as a team member in a business information system environment to accomplish the goals of an organization.
Outcomes 2-7 will depend on the combination of courses completed in specific degree paths. Degrees and/or specific courses are transferrable to four-year universities with the possibility of junior standing. Graduates of this AAS-T degree will be eligible for entrance into the OlympicCollege Bachelor of Information Systems degree program. If you intend to transfer, you must contact your intended transfer institution to be sure that you are taking the correct courses. Consider both admission requirements and graduation requirements of the transfer college to make the best use of your time at Olympic College.
Required & Prerequisite Courses
Students select one of the following four degree emphases to complete their degree:
Up to 25 credits may be granted for discipline related American Council on Education (ACE) approved military courses and ACE recommended credit for military experience. Contact your CIS advisor for more information.
Program progression is contingent upon a minimum grade of 2.0 or above in each IS course and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all other courses applied to the degree.