The program prepares students to enter the field as entry-level case aides or assistants in agencies working with a diverse range of clients.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Recognize indications of substance abuse and be familiar with the disease concept and treatment protocols.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in ways that minimize conflict and maximize clarity with diverse people.
- Work collaboratively with others (family members/agency representatives) to solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Access and use a variety of resources and services that match the needs of the individual or family.
- Coach and mentor others. Others include co-workers, colleagues, and family members.
- Behave professionally and ethically which includes being respectful, reliable, culturally sensitive, respecting a client’s personal boundaries, the rules of confidentiality, and adhering to mandatory reporting laws.