The following one-year program is available to students desiring job readiness training or refresher courses in basic office skills. Entry level employment as a receptionist, general office assistant, call center representative, or retail representative is possible with this flexible certificate program.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Effectively use a variety of computersoftware to accomplish office tasks.
- Apply math concepts to typical business situations.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- Design, maintain, and evaluate office systems (paper flow, mail procedures, records management).
- Work as a team member in an office environment to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Define, explain, correctly spell, and effectively use business terminology.