This certificate is designed to provide students with entry-level Fashion Marketing skills. Students will learn about market segments within the fashion industry, the practical application of visual merchandising techniques, costume history in Western culture, and fashion styling strategies.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Demonstrate and apply research methodology to identify relevant demographics and their effects on target marketing.
- Identify, analyze and apply the theory that clothing is a reflection of trends in technology, music, literature, art and social values.
- Identify, describe and analyze manufacturing techniques used to create garments from the pre-industrial period through today.
- Create a planogram, identify fixtures and develop a floor plan for a specific department or store.
- Effectively use oral and written communications skills in a fashion related environment.
- Display a working knowledge of fashion styling by creating a visual presentation and written plan that incorporating image, style and identity.
- Work respectfully and collaboratively with diverse individuals and teams.
Gainful Employment regulations passed by the federal government require colleges to disclose how certain programs (i.e., programs that meet certain criteria) prepare students for "gainful employment." Click on the link below to view gainful employment information for this program.