Successful completion of this program will help prepare graduates with the knowledge, skills, and ability, to function effectively, either singly or as a member of a team developing a technical project which might involve design, construction, installation, manufacturing, testing, evaluation, research, data, or maintenance.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly defined technological activities;
- Apply their knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge;
- Conduct standard tests and measurements, collect data, and conduct, analyze, and interpret data and/or experiments;
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team;
- Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined engineering technology problems;
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments;
- Identify and use appropriate technical literature such as blueprints and specifications;
- Engage in, and understand the need for, self-directed continuing professional development;
- Address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity; and a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Research, plan, and complete a project, including consideration for processes, budgets, material, and time.