The ECE Infant Toddler certificate provides infant-toddler specialist with the skills necessary to build relationships with the child and the child’s family members. This specialized certificate will give providers the skills necessary to work with young children from birth to age 3 in a variety of early care and education programs. Upon completion, students will be placed on level 5 of the Washington State Department of Early Learning Career lattice.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Implement appropriate health, safety, and nutrition practices in programs serving ages 0-3.
- Identify and meet individual child needs.
- Plan and provide age appropriate curriculum through normal caregiving routines.
- Demonstrate family support and relationship-building with families.
- Foster and nurture attachment while respecting the significance of the family-child relationship.
- Recognize and honor the culture and needs of families, children, and staff, in all aspects of a program for infants and toddlers.
- Identify professional goals and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development.