This Digital Photography Certificate involves the study and practice of the principles of visual communication using photographic tools in print and on the web.
Students will learn the terminology, features, and concepts of digital photography that help them determine and develop photographic possibilities and solutions, and produce compelling images that communicate a message through lighting, color, special techniques and subject knowledge.
Students also will be introduced to the work of numerous artists throughout the history of photography. Techniques such as photographic composition, exposure techniques, use of photography in social media, privacy & security on the web, editing techniques, ethics of photography, and photographic presentation for both print and web will be covered in this program of study.
Students will demonstrate strong work ethic and high standards of quality; apply listening, learning, and communication skills and employ interpersonal skills that display maturity and familiarity with issues of the photographic imaging field and web environment.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Utilize current digital imaging technology to produce photographic images for use in commercial or academic applications.
- Employ complex and creative aesthetic strategies as they apply to visual problem solving methodologies.
- Utilize current digital imaging technology to track the entire workflow process from pre-production, planning and image capture to editing and image output for both print and web applications.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of web, computers, software and security as these apply to digial imaging.
- Create an advanced color image portfolio in either print or electronic form for use in academic, commercial or fine art application.