This program prepares participants to provide quality customer service by equipping them with the necessary human relations and technological skills to succeed in the modern service industry.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge by:
- Using effective verbal, listening, and written communication skills in all work-related activities;
- Using professional interpersonal skills to provide service to clients, customers, and co-workers;
- Applying conflict resolution skills to prevent or resolve a work-related issue or conflict;
- Applying problem solving techniques to meet the customers’ needs in a timely, efficient, and professional manner;
- Adding value to the work environment and team by applying a service attitude;
- Promoting tolerance and the equal treatment of all customers and co-workers through an understanding of diversity;
- Using professional telephone and e-mail etiquette in all telephone and electronic communication;
- Selecting and applying appropriate technology to meet the customers’ needs;
- Being informed and proactive concerning current developments and new technology that affect the workplace;
- Using networking skills and a professional attitude to gain meaningful work experiences and employment advancement.