This program provides coursework to prepare students for the Washington State Instructor Licensing exam. Students will learn to be instructors in esthetics or cosmetology programs. The focus will be on quality instruction in classroom and clinic settings. For acceptance into the program, the student must complete an enrollment application available at the West Sound Technical Skills Center.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Demonstrate written skills required for the application process to obtain state licensure.
- Perform industry employability skills such as punctuality, reliability, decision-making, integrity and leadership.
- Respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received in an employer-employee relationship.
- Exhibit managerial skills and working knowledge of state laws.
- Be an effective instructor of barbering, manicuring, esthetics, or cosmetology.
- Provide training to students by means of instructional theory classes and practical hands on workshops.
- Apply supervisory knowledge in specialty field to assist the students to develop skills in the clinic lab and classroom.
- Observe state safety and sanitation laws and regulations and uses appropriate protective measures to provide a safe working environment.
Gainful Employment regulations passed by the federal government require colleges to disclose how certain programs (i.e., programs that meet certain criteria) prepare students for "gainful employment." Click on the link below to view gainful employment information for this program.