This program provides coursework to qualify for the Washington State Basic Esthetics Licensing exam. Topics include: general sciences, skin care, temporary hair removal, make up and business practices. Coursework will be taught in a combination of classroom and lab settings. For acceptance into the program, the student must complete an enrollment application available at the West Sound Technical Skills Center.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Demonstrate written skills required for the application process to obtain state licensure.
- Perform industry employability skills such as punctuality, reliability, decisionmaking, integrity and leadership.
- Respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received in an employer-employee relationship.
- Perform basic cosmetics industry skills in the areas of care of the skin, facial massage, successful use of required implements and equipment, appropriate application of makeup, various methodsfor removal of unwanted hair, and lash/brow tinting.
- Perform the basic analytical skills to determine proper use of skin care products, facial equipment, makeup, and hair removal applications for the client’s overall image.
- Observe state safety and sanitation laws and regulations and uses appropriate protective measures to provide a safe working environment.