This program is designed to allow the student to complete all of the required instruction to qualify for the Washington State Cosmetology License examination and at the same time complete an Associate in Technical Arts Degree. This degree is provided through a joint agreement between the West Sound Technical Skills Center and Olympic College. For acceptance into the program, the student must complete an enrollment application available at the West Sound Technical Skills Center and meet all core and program requirements.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Demonstrate written skills required for the application process to obtain a Washington State Cosmetology license.
- Perform industry employability skills such as punctuality, reliability, decision-making, integrity and leadership as well as the importance of giving quality service.
- Understand employer-employee relationship and independent business ownership.
- Perform basic Cosmetology industry skills in the areas of hairstyling, cutting, coloring, chemical texture services, shampooing and conditioning of the hair and scalp, natural nail care and basic skin care services.
- Perform the basic analytical skills to determine proper hairstyle, color and makeup application for the client’s overall image.
- Observe state safety, sanitation laws, regulations and use of appropriate protective measures to provide a safe working environment.