A one to two quarter certificate gives students core IT skills complementing employable skills in computer help desks and other entry-level positions. This certificate will also serve as the fundamental core for our 1 year Certificate program which is the basis of all other CIS programs at OC.
Moreover, the CIS Core Skills certificate will give students who may currently work in industry or have only an industry certification (such as an MSCE or Cisco certification) a broader IT knowledge base and will enhance their skills.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Explain the role of application software in making computers useful for end users.
- Demonstrate basic skills in general business applications.
- Demonstrate basic skills in popular business operating systems.
- Demonstrate basic skills in using Internet resources, like the World Wide Web.
- Demonstrate basic skills in desktop database management systems.