This one to two quarter certificate gives students core IT knowledge complementing employable skills in computer help desks and other entry-level positions. This certificate will also serve as the next set of fundamental courses for our 1 year Certificate program which is the basis of all other CIS programs at OC. Moreover, the CIS Core Knowledge certificate will give students who may currently work in industry or have only an industry certification (such as an MSCE or Cisco certification) a broader IT knowledge base and will enhance their skills.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Explain how computer systems operate and how they are managed.
- Explain and demonstrate core programming concepts.
- Explain and demonstrate basic hardware management.
- Explain and demonstrate networking concepts.
- Explain and demonstrate technical support practices in information technology.