This one to two quarter certificate gives students basic IT concepts complementing employable skills in computer help desks and other entry-level positions. This certificate will also serve as an introduction to CIS concepts leading to other CIS programs at OC.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Explain the role of diversity in technology related careers.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of general operating systems.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of popular business models.
- Explain how different business models incorporate technology.
- Demonstrate basic skills in using Internet resources, like the World Wide Web.