You are cordially invited to a celebration and banquet honoring the second Hall of Fame Class for Ranger Athletics.
Saturday, June 9, 2018
Olympic College| Bremer Student Center | 1600 Chester Ave., Bremerton, WA 98337
The 2018 Olympic College Athletics Hall of Fame Class will be the second class inducted. The Athletics Hall of Fame was created to recognize and honor the outstanding athletic achievements of its former student-athletes, and the meritorious efforts of coaches, staff, alumni, and other individuals who have made significant contributions to the Olympic College Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. The Hall of Fame membership will span Olympic College's athletic history and will include many of Olympic's finest athletes, coaches and supporters of the program.
The purpose of the Athletics Hall of Fame is to provide recognition and honor to individuals who demonstrate athletic excellence, outstanding support or dedicated service to the athletic programs at Olympic College, in one or more of the following areas:
· Athletic achievement – individual athletes and teams
· Noteworthy accomplishments in athletic related areas
· Contributions that bring distinction to Olympic College Athletics
The Olympic College Athletic Department, in partnership with the Olympic College Foundation, is pleased to announce the second Ranger Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 9, 2018. The event will honor the outstanding accomplishments of Ranger student-athletes and coaches from the celebrated 71-year history of intercollegiate athletics at Olympic College.
All Ranger alumni, former coaches, and friends of the program are invited to submit a nomination form for any student-athlete, coach, or team who have excelled in the competitive arena during their time at Olympic College.
To guarantee consideration, nominations must be received by December 31, 2017.
Nominations to the Olympic College Athletics Hall of Fame may be made at any time by filling out the forms below. Selections will be made approximately four (4) months prior to the induction. The Hall of Fame Committee reviews nominations, with the selections approved by the Hall of Fame Committee and the Athletic Director of Olympic College.
· Athletes – Individual athletes must have completed intercollegiate eligibility at least five (5) years prior to selection, with at least one (1) year of competition at Olympic. Desirable qualifications include graduation, regional All-Star selection, statistical accomplishments, multi-sport athletes, 4-year college/university participation, amateur or professional athletic achievement, and/or continuing contribution to Olympic Athletics. Teams must be at least five (5) years removed from their year of participation. Desirable qualifications include Regional championships, placement at the AACC/NWAACC/NWAC tournament, school or conference records.
· Coaches – Those who coached at least three (3) years at Olympic, but are not currently coaching for the Rangers. Points of consideration will include; win-loss records, regional championships, tournament appearances and placements, successes of student-athletes, improvement of the program, contribution to sports, and achievement in public life.
· Distinguished Service – Individuals who have contributed to the successes of Olympic College Athletics and do not fall into the categories of athletes, coaches, or athletics staff. Desirable qualifications include contributions to the field of intercollegiate, interscholastic or professional sports, and achievement in public life.