Head Coach - Men's & Women's Golf
Phone: (360) 286-5705
Bjorn Bjorke is in his 8th year as Head Coach of the Men's and Women's Golf programs. Bjorn has experience running Northwest Junior Golf Tour events in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington. He has taught the game of golf for 15 years, teaching golf classes at Gig Harbor High School while also assisting with the golf team there. For the past 20 years he has worked at McCormick Woods Golf Course in Port Orchard, Wash where he is currently the General Manager
Bjorke is also an instructor for the McCormick Woods Junior Golf Camp. He was a board member for McCormick Woods Men's Golf Club from 2004-2007, serving as President in 2006. In addition to his teaching background, Bjorke has a decorated amateur record which includes:
- McCormick Woods Men's Club Champion (1999, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009-2015)
- 1st place in the WSGA Champion of Champions (2009)
- 1st place in the WSGA Mid-Amateur (2013)
- Qualified for the 2010 USGA Mid-Amateur
- 5 Top 10s in the PNGA Men's Mid-Amateur (2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- 2 Top 10s in the WSGA State Amateur (2010, 2012)
- Member of the 2013 Hudson Cup Team
- Member of 3 PNGA Cup Teams (2009, 2010, 2014)
Bjorke obtained his Bachelor's degree from the University of Washington in Statistics, minoring in Mathematics.
The Rangers have two home courses, Gold Mountain and McCormick Woods. Gold Mountain has two beautiful championship courses and has earned impressive awards as one of America's finest municipally owned golf courses. The Cascade Course opened in 1971 and is a 7,104-yard course. The Olympic Course opened in 1996 and is a 7,152-yard course.
Some of the impressive tournaments Gold Mountain has hosted in the past few years includes:
- 81st U.S. Amateur Public Links Championships (2006)
- NCAA Men's West Regional Golf Championship (2008, 2010)
- Ping / Golf Week Invitational (2009)
- U.S. Junior Amateur Championship (2011)
McCormick Woods is the home of the Northwest Junior Golf Tour(www.jrgt.com) and has hosted the Washington State Amateur twice since 2006 among many USGA qualifiers over the years.
The Ranger men, under Bjorke, have finished 2nd the past two seasons (2014 & 2015) in league and finished top 3 in the NWAC Championships three times in 2011, 2014 & 2015.
The Ranger women, under Bjorke, have finished 4th and 3rd in the last two seasons(2014, 2015) with 4th and 2nd place Finishes in the NWAC Championships respectively.