Individuals who have journey status in a trade may earn credits toward the ATA degree in the following ways:
- Experience at the journey level in an apprentice trade: 5 credits for the first year, one credit for each additional year to a maximum of 5 additional credits.
- Experience as a supervisor or instructor: 5 credits for the first year, 1 credit for each additional year to a maximum of 5 additional credits.
- Journey-level experience and credits from professional/technical courses from other colleges must be evaluated by the appropriate faculty member and the Dean of Workforce Development.
Students must complete 90 credits numbered 100 or above with a college-level GPA of at least 2.0.
- Communications: ENGL &101.
- Quantitative: MATH 100 or above, or BMGMT 140, or BMGMT 138 and 139.
- Social Sciences and Humanities: A minimum of one course in each area for a total of 15 credits is required. See Distribution Requirements to select appropriate courses.