Appropriate for many intended majors, especially in the Humanities and Social Sciences. Students complete 60 credits of general education and 30 credits of electives which should be tailored to the future major.
- Each course can be counted toward only one skill or distribution area.
- Only college level courses numbered 100 or above are allowed.
- Cumulative college level GPA must be at least 2.0. Courses tranferred from another college do not count in GPA.
- Of courses which are normally graded, no more than 30 credits may be taken as Pass/No Credit at the student's option.
- At least 20 quarter credits in the degree must earned at OC.
- Students with 85 credits towards an OC degree may transfer back 5 credits from another accredited institution. Otherwise, the last 10 credits must be earned at OC. (Military personnel and dependents with a SOC agreement are exempt from this requirement.)
- Students should work closely with an advisor at the planned baccalaureate institution to choose courses that will apply to the bachelor's degree.
Requirements for the AA-DTA degree can be found in the 2017-2018 catalog at the following link: