This certificate can enable students to design, develop, implement and maintain Active Server Pages (ASP) to support typical Web-based activities. These skills will integrate Web servers and databases through server-side programming to create interactive dynamic Web pages using current Microsoft© technologies.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify major elements in the process of designing a Web based business solution.
- Gather user requirements, convert them into a logical design, and implement them into a software based solution.
- Document a system development project with user requirements, entity relationship models, normalization, database schema, and programming requirements.
- Explain the relationship among databases, programming, Web servers, and Web browsers.
- Demonstrate the use of basic HTML and CSS.
- Create an interactive Web page.
- Create and maintain a database.
- Use programming to link a database to a Web page.
- Create an "n-tier" project based on end-user needs.