Graduates of this program may seek employment in public or private industry as administrative assistants, secretaries, executive secretaries, or office managers. They may plan to transfer to a four-year college or university with an Upside Down Degree Program, or elect to complete the Associate in Arts Transfer Curriculum.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Effectively use a variety of software to accomplish office tasks.
- Apply mathematics concepts to typical business situations.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- Design, maintain, and evaluate office systems (paper flow, mail procedures, records management, etc.).
- Work as a team member in an office environment to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Define, explain, correctly spell, and effectively use business terminology.
- Effectively apply components of the accounting equation to typical business transactions.