Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Effectively apply components of the accounting equation to typical business transactions.
- Analyze financial information and statements.
- Maintain and evaluate internal control procedures.
- Effectively use a variety of computer software to process accounting information and documents.
- Apply mathematical concepts to typical accounting and business situations.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- Work as a team member in an office environment to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Define, explain, correctly spell, and effectively use accounting and business terminology.
Required & Prerequisite Courses
Keyboarding proficiency of 30+ words-aminute, one error per minute, is required for graduation. Students may take BSTEC 110 to develop proficiency or may take a keyboarding test to verify proficiency.
Ten-key desktop calculator proficiency of 8,000 keystrokes per hour. Students may take BSTEC 132 to develop the required proficiency or may take a 10-key test to verify proficiency.