A short-term certificate program that demonstrates specific knowledge and applied skill in the automation of accounting and utilitarian skills in various accounting practices, using various computerized software programs to facilitate the automated record keeping and reporting of the periodic and perpetual accounting cycles, payroll accounting processing and reporting, taxation filing and reporting, fund/governmental accounting, budgeting, and reporting. Oversight of specific record keeping and reporting of accounts receivables and accounts payables, and inventory management.
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Apply a practical understanding of the theoretical principals of accounting, pertinent to the automation processes used with accounting software.
- Automate accounting transaction analysis and classification, record keeping, and reporting using current workplace software, including:
a. Microsoft Exel
b. General Ledger-based programs
c. Intuit QuickBooks
d. Sage 50 Accounting
- Identify systematic "checks and balances" to assist in validating the accuracy of the automated record keeping and reporting for audit compliance.
- Determine needed measures to maintain the integrity of the automated record keeping and reporting systems.
- Research library and Internet resources to identify new automation programs.