A one-year program for students seeking basic accounting clerk preparation, or who desire refresher courses. Graduates of this program may seek employment in public, private, and/or governmental entities as accounting clerks, bookkeepers, accounting support, or payroll assistants.
Advisor / Program Contacts
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Effectively apply components of the accounting equation to typical business transactions.
- Maintain internal control procedures.
- Effectively use a variety of computer software to accomplish office tasks and to process accounting information.
- Apply mathematical concepts to typical business situations.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- Work as a team member in an office environment to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Understand and effectively use accounting and business terminology to produce reports, to converse in a business-type setting, and to follow directions.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the library, Internet, and Internal Revenue Service publications to access accounting and payroll information.