A one-year program for students seeking basic accounting clerk preparation, or who desire refresher courses. Graduates of this program may seek employment in public, private, and/or governmental entities as accounting clerks, bookkeepers, accounting support, or payroll assistants.
Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Effectively apply components of the accounting equation to typical business transactions.
- Maintain internal control procedures.
- Effectively use a variety of computer software to accomplish office tasks and to process accounting information.
- Apply mathematical concepts to typical business situations.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- Work as a team member in an office environment to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Understand and effectively use accounting and business terminology to produce reports, to converse in a business-type setting, and to follow directions.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the library, Internet, and Internal Revenue Service publications to access accounting and payroll information.